Meet the women behind Paws in the Pasture
Gerri has been training Australian Cattle Dogs in herding for 17 years. She is currently working with two dogs, 11-year-old Joey and 5-year-old Colton. Joey has accomplished a master level of herding in both stock dog and arena work and with the Canadian Kennel Club.
Gerri trained under Lynn Leach out of Hope, B.C., and teaches at her facility as well. Gerri is now a certified clinician for herding under Lynn’s tutelage.
Gerri’s passion for herding is apparent and she loves to witness a breed’s natural instinct show when working with stock. Her goal is to help you and your dog have a positive experience while learning how to move stock in a calm and quiet manner. The objective of Paws in the Pasture is to provide opportunities to people in Central Alberta to learn how to herd safely.
- 2019 – Australian Cattle Dog Club of America National Specialty – High in Trial on sheep
- 2018 – Australian Cattle Dog Club of America National Specialty – High in Trial on cattle (Kristen Thomson, Handler)
Guest Clinician: Lynn Leach
- American Herding Breed Association (AHBA)- Test and Trial Judge
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) – Trial Judge – All Courses and All Levels
- American Kennel Club (AKC) – Trial Judge – Course A, B, C and Test Levels
Canadian Kennel Club Herding Representative since the council was created in 1996 and a member of the CKC Herding Committee prior to that.
Canadian Kennel Club Event Officiating Committee member
Clinician, Private Lessons and Instinct Tests
- Australian Cattle Dog Club of America National Specialty – Reserve High in Trial on sheep and High in Trial on cattle with Callie
Guest Clinician: Kristin Thomson
Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) – Trial Judge
Cindy is part trainer, part administrator and is training her Border Collie, Gus. They have one leg left to finish on his intermediate title and then they will move on to advanced. Cindy also handles the stock during events. She will be learning alongside you during the clinics so send any questions her way!